Tuesday, March 28, 2006

REPRODUCTION

I had a spirted discussion with a good friend of mine about the controversial decision by an activist to post instructions on how to set up an underground abortion clinic and perform abortions. This was in response to the the State of South Dakota's anti-abortion law passing. While I agree, in principle, that all information is value-neutral, it's use, and potential mis-use, however can have profound affects on individuals' lives.

I cannot imagine a teenager actually following the instructions set forth in her article, I can, however, see a thousand "doctors" with questionable or nonexistent credentials making a fortune in the SD over the next few years. I mean, we've already got folks in FL injecting cooking oil into one another's asses to make a few bucks, and right here in sunny SoCal women are having "Botox parties" where they inject botulism (or, worse, fake botulism) into their faces. I'm hoping there will be a law suit against the state by some clever class-action lawyer out there that will end this madness. For the last few decades America has been struggling to negotiate what it means to implement equality, peace and justice for all and that's likely to continue for a few more decades.

The growing backlash by Angry White Men and their collaborators (women like Kathy O'Bierne, Michelle Malkin and Ann Coulter), means we have to take it to the streets once again.
What none of these pro-lifers are doing, and this really chaps my hide, is coming up with legislation to mandate that men have to care for, provide for and raise their own damn children. If you are going to insist that women cannot control their own bodies, the least you can do is insure that the offspring don't repeat the cycle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home