Welcome
Don't let the smoove taste fool ya -- I'm eclectic, silly, outrageous, outspoken, passive-aggressive, and in a constant state of denial about my own raggediness. This, however, will not stop me from pointing out the foibles of others.
I will curse. I may suddenly lapse into nerdese, or, (as my friends and I prefer to call it) the "vernacular" -- whatever it takes to get my point across. I'm widely read with a shallow depth of field. And I'm pissed.
I am an enemy of ignorance, a defender of the righteous, and a victim of circumstance. I love Marines, dig peace-niks, and support Mothers Against Drunk Driving. I don't know why the hell George Bush hasn't been impeached, but I suspect it has something to do with the DNC trying to straddle the chasm between the Religious Chicken Littles screaming their heads off about how the world is coming to end because of the collapse of family values (meanwhile there is STILL a holocaust going on for black children in America) and the "progressive liberals" who want to save the world while wearing Banana Republic khakis. Activism is not a hobby. Social responsibility is more than corporate giving and not buying clothes made in Sri Lanka.
Will we save the world? Maybe. Will it be at least 10 degrees hotter by the time we do it? Hopefully not. Is there any reason I watch 20 hours of television a week?!! Hell, yeah! Where else could I find material for all my ranting and raving???
I've worked in the entertainment industry since I was 22, went to film school in New York (not at NYU....the other film school in NYC, Columbia), worked on BIG ASS Hollywood movies and crappy indies that broke my heart. Been lied to, cheated on, and stole from, cursed, threatened, and assaulted (and yes, balled up pieces of paper and calendars count), loved, lost and threw it all away weeping and now I'm here. Back where I started, just another middle-class chick struggling on the road from anonymity. But, baby, trust, the BITCH IS BACK. And she WILL be recognized.
I will curse. I may suddenly lapse into nerdese, or, (as my friends and I prefer to call it) the "vernacular" -- whatever it takes to get my point across. I'm widely read with a shallow depth of field. And I'm pissed.
I am an enemy of ignorance, a defender of the righteous, and a victim of circumstance. I love Marines, dig peace-niks, and support Mothers Against Drunk Driving. I don't know why the hell George Bush hasn't been impeached, but I suspect it has something to do with the DNC trying to straddle the chasm between the Religious Chicken Littles screaming their heads off about how the world is coming to end because of the collapse of family values (meanwhile there is STILL a holocaust going on for black children in America) and the "progressive liberals" who want to save the world while wearing Banana Republic khakis. Activism is not a hobby. Social responsibility is more than corporate giving and not buying clothes made in Sri Lanka.
Will we save the world? Maybe. Will it be at least 10 degrees hotter by the time we do it? Hopefully not. Is there any reason I watch 20 hours of television a week?!! Hell, yeah! Where else could I find material for all my ranting and raving???
I've worked in the entertainment industry since I was 22, went to film school in New York (not at NYU....the other film school in NYC, Columbia), worked on BIG ASS Hollywood movies and crappy indies that broke my heart. Been lied to, cheated on, and stole from, cursed, threatened, and assaulted (and yes, balled up pieces of paper and calendars count), loved, lost and threw it all away weeping and now I'm here. Back where I started, just another middle-class chick struggling on the road from anonymity. But, baby, trust, the BITCH IS BACK. And she WILL be recognized.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home